Friday, August 21, 2009

Little League World Series


Well it's that time of year again. My favorite sport to watch. The Little League World Series. Today the first 2 games were played. Staten Island against Mercer Island Washington and Chinese Taipei against Ramstein Air Force Base... Staten Island put a hurting on Mercer Island winning by the score of 10-2. They looked almost unstoppable. This team if they play the way they did today, watch out U.S. Division. The second game was the fastest game I have ever seen in the Little League World Series. A 12-0 2 inning trouncing of Ramstien. Now this in itself wouldn't be a big deal for me BUT in case anyone didn't know, Ramstien Air Force Base is made up of solely Americans even though they represented Germany. They are the offspring of the American Soldiers stationed there. After seeing that embarrassment, I sure wish they were German born players.
I was wondering if anyone else shared my enthusiasm for this Tournament? I rarely watch the Major League crybabies for the last 2 weeks in August so I can concentrate on the little guys. Sometimes there are some really good and well played games. But those are usually in the Championship Playoff round. So if anyone else enjoys watching, I would like to hear about it and your views on this subject...

No comments:

Post a Comment